Lasers in Dentistry
A Change for the Happier
The miracle we’ve both been waiting for is here: Solea. Now available to you, Solea is a dental laser that replaces the dental drill in the majority of procedures in our practice. In fact, nearly every patient skips anesthesia because they just don’t need it. Solea is our way of keeping you happy. Because more than anything, we love to see you smile.
What is Solea?
Solea is the first CO2 dental laser system cleared by the FDA for hard and soft tissue procedures. It was developed in Boston, Massachusetts by Convergent Dental, based on research conducted at the University of California School of Dentistry. Solea offers a unique wavelength guided by sophisticated computers to deliver virtually painless dental procedures for both teeth and gums from simple cavities to complex surgeries. The experience is so unique that you will find it hard to believe you were just at a dental appointment.
- Reduced heat and vibration
- Little or no need for anesthetic
- Minimal bleeding
- Faster treatment time
- Minimal post-operative swelling and discomfort
- Fewer infections or post-operative complications
Laser Dental Treatments
- Most restorative dental treatments
- Perform frenectomies (such as correction of ankyloglossia)
- Reshape gum tissue
- Biopsy or remove soft tissue lesions and ulcers
- Remove areas of tooth decay